The information system «Situation Center» (IS SC) provides a means of planning and monitoring of the region’ work in providing the process of nosology treatment. Necessary reference data and calculating formulas for getting full information on resource and financial support of the process during the planning period is inputted in the system at the stage of planning. The system allows dynamic recalculation of resultant parameters depending on values of a model’s variables (planned number of surgeries, resource fund for their provision, expendable materials cost, specialists’ salaries, etc.).
Based on the results of planning, concerted parameters are registered in the IS SC; the monitoring process starts up. Updated data necessary for calculations are submitted from a medical institution to the IS SC DB regularly and are used for illustrating the current situation in the region. In case of considerable deviation from planned indices, the IS SC users are notified about the problems and received recommendation of improving the situation.
IS SC can perform the following functions:
• modeling situations in the regional healthcare system;
• selecting optimal indices of using resources;
• support of business processes in data purification and improving data quality (for example, finding out duplication of patients’ data, classification of incorrectly entered addresses, classification of diagnoses, etc.);
• monitoring of situations in the healthcare system presented in a form visually compelling and comprehensible for an executive;
• configuration of indicators which inform users automatically (via e-mail among other things) when the key values exceed the specified limits;
• data representation using a Web-browser in table, graphic and cartographic forms;
• executing interactive and cartographic reports;
• submitting reports according to schedule;
• blanket mailing of reports;
• data import from primary source programs to the IS SC;
• differentiation of access rights at the system level.
FIRST LEVEL — COLLECTION OF PRIMARY DATA.
Collection of primary data is carried out using traditional IS and, if necessary, additional program modules of aggregated or primary data input. At the level of IS-primary sources, data structure and references must be connected to united classifiers. It also must be determined for each classifier within which IS it is changing. Other systems will receive immediate classifiers from IS SC.
SECOND LEVEL — ENTERPRISE SERVICE BUS WHICH IS AIMED AT UNITING DATA PRIMARY SOURCE SYSTEMS INTO THE SC DB.
The specialized enterprise service data bus provides a means of separating the data transformation logic from one essence to another, from technical connection modules with concrete data formats (white-space character files, Fox Pro, Oracle, etc.). This approach allows adapt the system to changes in primary source programs promptly and, of necessary, relatively easily connect new programs and systems.
THIRD LEVEL — LAYER OF DATA PURIFICATION AND DATA QUALITY IMPROVEMENT.
The tasks of this layer are to find out and delete duplications in the patients register, classification of residential addresses, etc. As different mechanisms of data purification, requiring an operator’s interference, are applied, it is reasonable to use the system of business processes management. This approach allows minimizing expenses on programming in creating new data purification and correcting processes and changing the existing ones.
FOURTH LEVEL — THE LEVEL OF ANALYSIS, ANALYTICS AND PRESENTATION OF INFORMATION TO USERS.
This level is realized by means of one of this class software products leaders — Pentaho BI. The information collected at the previous levels illustrates a set of concrete situation in the regional healthcare system.
IS SC is a part of CIR company’s more large-scale solution – the information system Dispatch Center (IS DC). It is an innovative healthcare project designed for tackling tasks of managing a region’s healthcare system.
All subsystems within IS DC have a common technologic core which provides the following functions:
The main development language of IS DC: Java
Technological platform: Java EE 5